1. Move money into crypto from your bank, credit card, or wire transfer.
You need to make an account on coinbase to do this. Use this code to get $10 off. Once you click register and register your account, you make a deposit. Purchase bitcoin on coinbase. You will later transfer this to ICX.
2. Move the money from Coinbase to Binance.(another exchange where you can buy many altcoins, including ICX)
Here is the link to sign up to Binance. If you use this code you get a benefit on the price you pay for transfers. https://www.binance.com/?ref=16752250 Once you have an account, you will see a list of all your wallets. Click the deposit button on the BTC wallet. Copy your deposit address.
3. Transfer from Coinbase to Binance.
Go to your accounts in coinbase. Go to btc, and click send. It will prompt you for a wallet address. Put your binance wallet address. Click send.
4. Convert your BTC to ICX.
Go to ICX and click buy. You now have ICX.
Simply put, ICON is a massive scale blockchain platform that allows –
- Decentralized Application (DAPPS) – Build DAPPS on ICON Platform like on Ethereum and NEO. Yes, soon, you will see ICOs happening on ICON platform for different DAPPS
- Interchain (Interoperability with Blockchains) – Allows different blockchains connecting to one another through their protocol. ICON is fully compatible with traditional blockchains like Bitcoin and Ethereum and in future can bridge other public blockchains such as Qtum, NEO and many others to achieve their mission statement – “Hyperconnect the world”
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) – Use of AI to ensure all nodes contributing to ICON Republic/platform are rewarded fairly and not to have certain powers over distribution policies. AI will continue to learn a variety of variables to determine optimal distribution policies and achieve complete decentralization.
- Decentralized Exchange (DEX) – ICON will integrate different DEX protocols on their platform to facilitate exchange of ICX and other future ICON platform currencies. Bancor protocol will be their first DEX protocol when mainent launches this month end and Kyber and others will follow. Not just throwing Kyber’s name out there, it was confirmed they are working with each other, official partnership yet to be announced.